Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Santa Fe chicken and black beans

1 lb of boneless chicken breast or thigh, I prefer thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Tbsp of oil
2 tsp of vinegar
1 cup of chicken broth
2 tsp of onion powder
2 tsp of garlic powder
1 Tbsp of paprika
2 tsp of cumin
2 tsp of oregano
1 can of black beans (14.5 oz), rinsed and drained
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper

Heat oil in pan, cook chicken until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside, add vinegar cook for 2 minutes. Add tomato sauce and broth, bring to a slight boil. Then add the rest of the ingredients, except the black beans, simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken and beans. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Serve over hot rice with sour cream and Monterrey jack cheese. Serves 4. You can add more broth if needed to thin down sauce.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! Ted and I think it might make a good Weight Watchers meal too, especially with the black beans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, post some of your own thoughts or comments on these if you have any. I would love to see that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this with just a few modifications (due to leftover chicken and lack of time) and it was wonderful. I think it will become one of my low point lunches. I think I'm also going to try it with other beans, maybe pinto.

    ReplyDelete